Tuesday, November 13, 2012

We Do(e): It Happens...

I am going to jump ahead a bit in the evening. Mainly because I feel like talking about this right now. Good enough, right?

You know how people say that something will happen during your wedding that you won't be prepared for? Coming from a grade A Girl Scout over here, I somewhat scoffed at the idea of not being prepared. I am always prepared.

But here's the thing, you cannot control other peoples actions. What you can control is your response.

Once the open dancing got under way, people really started to let loose and have fun. Unfortunately one of our guests broke one of the golden rules of bringing drinks onto the dance floor. You just cannot jump up and down and control your drink at the same time.

Insert the part fowl of all party fowls. He spilled his drink. All down the front of my maid of honor's dress.

I won't completely point out which dude was the offender in this picture, but take a wild guess. This picture was taken literally the moment after it happened. You can even see my sister in the middle looking down at herself realizing that there is some type of alcoholic beverage all down the front of her dress. I obviously not realized quite yet what had happened.


There are a few different ways we could have handled this situation. The big sister in me wanted to grab him by his tie and yell at him. I know accidents happen, but you really shouldn't be getting sloppy on the dance floor at a wedding. Also, I would probably lose the whole "classy bride" thing.

Instead, the Monte Verde Inn staff was quick to clean up the floor as if nothing ever happened. My sister went upstairs, cleaned herself off and changed into a tank and sweats.

Luckily it was towards the very end of the night so many of our guests had left and she was probably more comfortable anyhow. We both kind of just smiled our irritated smile and the party fowl-er apologized profusely.

And while my sister may have had to change out of her pretty dress and into a tank top and sweats, she obviously did not let that stop her fun. My sister rocks, y'all. (I don't usually say y'all, but no other word seemed appropriate here. Why can't Californians say cool things?) Either that, or Journey can really turn some moods around.


It has since turned into a joke and we can laugh about it now. Kind of. My sister and the party fowl-er even ran into each other a few weeks back and he once again apologized, in which she told him it really is okay, no harm no fowl. But just to give him a hard time, we will continue to make off hand jokes and jabs- all in good fun.

Moral of the story, you may be as prepared as a girl scout for your wedding but at the end of the day, as Forrest Gump would say:

(Video via You Tube)

Did you have any type of unfortunate event happen at your wedding? How did you handle it?

*Photo by Martin's Photography


We toss to call me maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment