Thursday, November 15, 2012

We Do(e): Hold On To That Feeling

When it comes to weddings and dancing, i've seen both sides of the spectrum. I've been to the weddings that were highly energetic with tons of people dancing and I have also been to the more laid back weddings where people were busier conversing at tables than hitting the dance floor. Both are great, but I really wasn't sure what would happen at my wedding. I had an inkling that we wouldn't have many people dancing at my wedding and I was totally fine with that. 

Boy was I ever wrong. Apparently my friends and family really love to dance, who knew? I certainly didn't. 

I danced with my husband's friends:


I busted a move, or whatever you want to call it, with my parents. The sad thing is I am fairly certain we were dancing to Sexy Back and NOT Walk Like an Egyptian, but whatevs.


My great-aunt requested the 'Cupid Shuffle' (surprise there, and she didn't even dance with us. I think she just wanted to watch. Random) We really had no clue what we were doing so we just made up some of our own sweet moves. Why do I feel like everyone always knows all the cool coordinated dances but me?



My husband obviously gave up on the cupid shuffle and I decided my made up moves were better anyhow.


We generally all let loose and just had fun dancing our booties off. 





I was pleasantly surprised that our guests hit the dance floor. I owe it all to our incredible DJ, Joe Kalamaras from SJ's Disc Jockey- dude brought the house down. If you are in the Sacramento area, I cannot recommend him enough. 


We had requested that our last song be Journey's 'Don't Stop Believing.' I figure it doesn't matter your age, gender or background...everyone loves this song. I knew the moment I heard the beginning start to play that or night was coming to an end. It was bittersweet but I decided to drink it all in.

At this point many of our guests had left and the late night crowd was comprised of mainly family, close friends, and a few of the partiers (ahem, party fowl-er, do you see him?) I only teared up a select few times at my wedding, and this moment was one of them. Being surrounded by my closest friends and family, singing at the top of our longs, nothing could be sweeter than this. 





The most beautiful day had finally come to an end. As the song came to a close all I could think to myself was "hold on to this feeling." Maybe because Journey told me so, but no words could ring truer at that time.



No comments:

Post a Comment