Thursday, November 8, 2012

We Do(e): I've Got So Much Honey...

...the bees envy me. But not you bees....the bees in 'My Girl' of course.

I always knew my dance with my dad would be to 'My Girl' by The Temptations. That has just been 'my' song for as long as I can remember. My dad was a bit more hesitant though thinking that it has been overdone. But, the more we thought about it we realized, who cares? It is my fist and only wedding, so why does it matter? We decided to just go with it, despite a small concern that it is fairly upbeat. My mom told us just do dance around and we will be fine. Easy for her to say!

As it turns out, my mom was right. We did just dance around and get completely lost in our father daughter moment. I am glad we chose to dance to My Girl because it is just one of those songs that I can sing at the top of my lungs to and not care who is watching.

In almost every picture I am either laughing or singing along like some bad karaoke.



Double chin? I don't even care! 




You know that quote "dance like nobody is watching"? That was totally me during our father daughter dance. I had a blast and for just a few minutes on my wedding day I was suddenly transported  back in time to dancing in my socks with my dad in the living room. 

What do you have planned for your father daughter dance? If you are already married, what song did you choose for your father daughter dance?

*Photos by Martin's Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment