Wednesday, September 26, 2012

We Do(e): Over Ten Years Have Gone By (and we're married!)

I last left off with the birds and all the elements joining in on the excitement that was our wedding ceremony. Even after I wrote that post, I had some of my bridesmaids and guests tell me that they too thought the birds were fake. Come on people, I can be cheesy...but fake birds aren't quite my thing. Someone even commented that luckily none of the birds did their business on any of our guests. I never even thought of that but that sure would have been a story to tell! Alas, the birds whistled their way through our ceremony as the thunder rolled and the rain drops begged to meet the ground.

Our ceremony was short and sweet and before I knew it our officiant pronounced us married and Mr. Buck could now kiss his bride.



Soon after that the recessional song started and it was time to head back down the aisle. We chose "Do You Remember" by Jack Johnson because not only is it one of or favorite songs, it also refers to being together for over ten years. It just so happens to be the perfect tempo for walking down an aisle as well; I highly recommend for your walking pleasure.


I clearly remember this moment because not only could I feel, hear and see the love and happiness surrounding us, I felt content knowing there is no other perfect place in the world than right here and right now. 



I remember looking off to the side and thinking, what the heck is the green material covering all the beautiful tables? Monte Verde was way ahead of the game and decided to quickly cover the tables during the ceremony just in case the rain decided to greet us. They wanted to make sure everything stayed perfect and nothing would be ruined in the rain. It was comforting to know that they had things under control and all I needed to do is relax and enjoy the day.





The recessional was among one of my favorite moments from the day. I had listened to that song and tried to imagine what it would be like for months leading up. It was surreal and exciting to finally be experiencing the real moment, not just the one I had so inadequately envisioned in my head.

*Photos by Martin's Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment