Monday, September 3, 2012

We Do(e): Let The Ceremony Begin

I last left off at the girls being creepers and staring at our guests as they arrived. That is until we were caught and our fun was over. Soon after though the real fun would begin; it was time to head downstairs and get ready to get the show on the road.

I remember thinking wait, already? Where had the time gone, the ceremony is seriously about to start? I started to get nervous. Not nervous because I was getting married, nervous because I couldn't predict my reaction. Would I cry? Would I remember to smile? Would I hold my bouquet correctly? What if I trip?  What if I forget absolutely everything? 

What if I forget to just 'be in the moment'?

Ah, there it is. Just be in the moment and I would be fine. I swear, sometimes I give myself the best advice. 

As I stood with my dad hidden where nobody could see us, I listened to the music I had spent months picking out. I knew exactly who was walking down the aisle all by the music that was floating gracefully through the air. 

I nodded my head side to side with a soft smile on my face listening to the instrumental version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow playing in the Canon of D. I knew that the honored women were now being seated.




Somewhere Over The Rainbow slowly faded out and in came the ever gorgeous sound of Pachelbel Canon In D. It was now time for the bridal party to enter the picture.




Mr. Buck's brother had the very special job of pulling the aisle runner. He was quite the perfectionist making sure it was absolutely perfect. Every few feet he would stop and straighten it out. What a guy. 

 {Some of our guests dressed to impress! Check out the dude's hat on the left. Right on!}

Next up to usher in my entrance was our fabulous flower girl. I know she was nervous, but she was quite the professional.


This whole time our venue, Monte Verde Inn, was behind the scenes being rock stars. The owner, Kelly Dalisa, had her headset on and was directing everyone and everything. Her assistant, Megan, was in the back telling the bridal party the exact time of when to start walking. It made the transitions flow absolutely flawlessly. She soon looked at me and said, "Okay, your turn!" It was time to take a deep breath, relax and just be in the moment.

Were you nervous about your reaction when preparing to walk down the aisle?

*All photos by Martin's Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment