Tuesday, September 4, 2012

We: Do(e): The "Journey" Up The Aisle

Hive, I've been holding out on you. I discovered the perfect bridal march song ages ago but decided to wait until my recaps to share. Here's the thing...all bridal marches are lovely. I wanted something extra lovely though. I searched high and low until I found the mother of all bridal marches.

Get this. Journey.

Well, kind of. It is a version of the bridal march played by Jonathan Cain who is the pianist from Journey. The wonderful thing about this song is that it takes a minute or two until you realize that hey, this is a bridal march.

Have a listen:

(Video via You Tube}

The moment I heard the song start, I knew I might have issues in the tears department. The thing is, my dad and I have never been the emotional type. That doesn't mean we aren't sentimental, we just don't express it all that often. As we started to walk up the aisle we talked about the weather, how great the table numbers turned out, and how I was trying not to cry. Luckily, we both made it with only a small tear in our eye and huge smiles on our face.



Monte Verde Inn's assistant, Megan, walked behind us part of the way to hold up my train. Right as we approached the beginning of the aisle runner, she fluffed my train and made sure it was picture perfect. 


We then started our journey up the aisle. I didn't trip, my bouquet looked beautiful (albeit slightly crooked), but more than anything I remembered to be in the moment. Every unnecessary thought flitted away as I held my dad's arm and made my way up the aisle to my soon to be husband. I just felt a huge sense of happiness, love and thankfulness towards my parents and Mr. Buck. It was as though everything that was meant to be was finally coming together full circle. 


Most girls spend years dreaming about their walk up the aisle with their dad. I promise you though that the real thing exceeds all that you would hope and dream it would be. It truly is a remarkable moment, a feeling you won't soon forget. 

I also had a fun little chuckle that I was kind of walking up the aisle to Journey, how fun is that? Don't stop believing, Hive. The perfect bridal march exists, and I think I found it. 

How was your journey up the aisle? Did you find the perfect version of the bridal march?

No comments:

Post a Comment