Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What A Fake

The same day that we booked the Monte Verde Inn, there was also a Bridal Expo being held in Sacramento. Our wedding coordinator gave me a fantastic and valuable tip. She told me to create another email account on the way there and give that out instead of my real email account. She said that often times vendors will sell your information to others which will result in excess junk mail. On the drive to Sacramento, I whipped out my iPhone and created another email account. Oh the joy of modern technology.This is by far among the best tips I have received so far in wedding planning. I'll tell you why later.

The Bridal Expo was very fun yet not very productive. All of the vendors there passed out a whole lot of pamphlets and information sheets that was not of much use to me. Let's just say I recycled a lot of paper when I got home. Even though we did not accomplish a ton, we had a blast being surrounded by wedding stuff. In fact the best part of the day was the free photo booth. Check it out, don't we look hot?


Now back to the email situation. The only time I gave out that fake email was when I signed into the Bridal Expo when we got there. Other than that, I never gave it out. Guess what? I currently have over 600 emails from Northern California wedding vendors in that fake email account. Can you believe it? Had I given them my real email, it would be overloaded and I would be frustrated. Haha, duped you wedding vultures!



I am so glad I took the advice of our wedding coordinator and created that fake email account at the last minute. I highly recommend that sneaky tactic to anyone who might be attending any type of function similar to a Bridal Expo. You still have access to it in case there is something you need, but it is going to a separate account and not the one that you use everyday.

We may not have had much success at the Bridal Expo, but at the very least we got a pretty cool photo strip out of it.

Does anyone have any secret methods that they use to
avoid being bombarded with junk mail, emails and phone calls?

{All photos are personal}


No comments:

Post a Comment