Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Almost A Decade

The story of how Mr.Buck and I met is fairly simple. My friend and his friend are twin brother and sister. Back in 2002 a big group of us went bowling together one day, and that is where our paths crossed. Our first words were super romantic. As a dramatic 90s baby makin' song came on the radio he said, "Oh yay, this is my favorite song." I responded with confusion "oh really? That's cool." He responded back "no, i'm kidding." And that was that, I don't think we spoke much the rest of the evening.

Okay so I may or may not have been exaggerating with our first words being romantic. They definitely were not. It did however give me insight into his dry sense of humor, which I love oh so much. If I could pinpoint one of the best things about our relationship, it is definitely the humor and laughter.

Approximately 1 month later he asked me out on a date. A real date as in I had to borrow my best friend's Abercrombie jean jacket and steal some of my mom's expensive perfume. This was some serious stuff. We went to see what was apparently the only movie out at the time, The Scorpion King. To this day I still have no idea what that movie is about. I obviously did not pay attention.

{Image via Amazon }

My mom picked us up in her mini van when the movie was over (both of us too young to drive), and the rest is history. Months turned in to years and years have turned in to almost a decade. We both are different but we balance each other out.

Here was the first photo ever taken of us, back when we were young'ins.


Here we are now almost ten years later, all grown up.


Do we have any other high school sweethearts out there? Let me hear your story!

{Unless otherwise noted, all photos are personal}

No comments:

Post a Comment